This site is terrific!

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

This site is terrific!

Postby burker72 » August 29th, 2006, 11:20 pm

I was so glad to have come across this site via the links on GloveCrazy, what a terrific forum.

I have been collecting gloves for about 6 years. Perhaps because I have lived in Northern-Central-Western NY most of my life, my favorite gloves are Ken Wel brand mitts. In addition to that I have a number of trap-eze mitts. Right now I'm mostly interested in acquiring a white fielder's mitt, preferably a D&M, and more full size Dazzy Vance Ken Wel brand mitts. I have to confess though, I've been compiling a PSA graded 1973 Topps set for the last 8 months that has taken me off the glove circuit - but as Arnold once said, "I'll be back".

Anyway, I've already learned a lot from the site. The Permatex Orange idea for cleaning is great and seemed to work well with a buckle back I just picked up at a flea market. This is the best idea I've seen for getting out the ground in black grime. Thanks for making the site available.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 30th, 2006, 8:32 am

Welcome to the board Burker72!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » August 30th, 2006, 10:04 am

Are you the same "burker" that uses "burker" as his eBay username? I notice that "burker" bidding on some pretty nice gloves!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby burker72 » August 30th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Yes, my User ID on ebay is also Burker72. Like I said, I've fallen off a bit as I've been on this '73 Topps Baseball card tangent. The PSA set registry for cards has me hooked right now, but I've been bidding on a few gloves here and there.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion