Texas Howdy!

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Texas Howdy!

Postby softball66 » April 20th, 2006, 11:23 am

This is the glove collector and I'm excited that Brett has put up a discussion site for us! I'll be posting fairly regularly and if you glovers have any questions on gloves, lemme know and I'll try to help out. I'll be running some glove articles in Sports Collectors Digest over the next few months at their bequest.
Joe
sofball66 because I'm playing senior softball at age 66 whew!
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » April 21st, 2006, 7:34 am

Hi Joe!

Thanks for joining us here! It is great to have someone with so much knowlegde about gloves. Good luck with the softball team!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » April 26th, 2006, 8:09 pm

Joe,

Do you know which issues of SCD are going to have your articles? I'd like to pick them up if you could tell me the street date for them. Thanks
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Most recent SCD story

Postby softball66 » October 5th, 2006, 1:08 am

I recently did basically a rewrite of my cover story about the Nokona glove being rescued from a German Camp during WWII but I broadened it to include information about the wartime gloves. I have reprints of these if anyone needs one mailed to them.
My latest, not yet submitted, is a story on the Babe Ruth debacle from my eBay experience carried on page 2 of our latest newsletter. I've also expanded this story to embrace the problem of "recycled" sports memorabilia and the issues not only with game used equipment but that of autographs as well with quotes from Bushing, Jim Spence, Steve Grad, Jim Stinson and experience of a widow who's husband left her with 100 or so autographed pieces and many were bad.
softball66

Saying hello to Joe

Postby stockbuddy » October 11th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Hi Joe,

It is very good to have someone like yourself as a resource for the glove hobby. I have enjoyed reading the Glove Collector Newsletter over the years and the efforts you have put forth for the hobbiest. Great to have you here.

Best regards,
Dave Cunningham
Olney, IL
stockbuddy

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion