Anybody heard or gone to recent National

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Anybody heard or gone to recent National

Postby softball66 » August 8th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Has anyone visited or talked to someone who visited the recent Sports Collectors Show in Anaheim? Gloves?
McCovey gamer showed up at the very, very nicely done Heritage Sports Galleries Booth. It's a Rawlings CMH.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 8th, 2006, 5:06 pm

I know Rob went and was set up - you can read and see some pictures of his experience here:
http://members.aol.com/glovecrazy/index.html

Maybe he can chime in and give us some more details. It appears there were a ton of nice gloves in his booth. He does say he plans to be in Cleveland next year - I'm planning on being there as well. :)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

National

Postby ebbets55 » August 8th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Hi All,

I went to the National for a couple of hours Wednesday night before the weekend. Not everyone was set up yet. Rob had a great booth as well as John Kanuit and Jim Griffith. Saw only a few gloves here and there other than the two glove booths. I picked up a few things in the two hours I was there including a Tryon Vance (DV) in the box, a Goldsmith full web, an Olympic full web, an Ott glove and a hybrid lemon peel/belt style ball.

Sure wish I was around during the weekend.

Jim
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 8th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Jim

Sounds like you found some good stuff! From what I've read on other sites, attendance, both dealer and collector, was down from the past. After hearing how much they charge someone to set up I can see why. I also read that a lot of the "good" stuff is sold on Tuesday and Wednesday during set up.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion