love the page!!

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

love the page!!

Postby theglovester » May 23rd, 2024, 10:07 am

So glad to see the page back up and running, I enjoy checking it every day for the glove of the month and glove banter. I have added some very nice stuff thanks to JD's help and others, my collection is pretty good right now, always a glove to add of course. Thanks to JD and my wife's understanding, I have 3 gloves that I thought i would never own, JD gifted me the Rawlings PM Pepper Martin 4-5 years ago ( a 25 year old chase for me) and I have added a dang near mint RR Rolled web Rolfe, and a well used BH Billy Herman, but still in solid shape. Sure wish i could post some pics of my RR, even have a ball signed by Gionfriddo on a Joe D ball saying "I robbed Joe D" What am I looking for? well JD has a glove for me and i am saving dimes and quarters for a year, but will eventually happen. Then I saw the Rawlings XL Hack Wilson with the super cool web, so it is on my list, don't laugh.
In the mean time, I have added another facet to my collection, I love old watch fobs of the 1910's, not the common ones on ebay day in day out, but the art deco ones that you never see and I love the baseball Spinner fobs, have just a handful, less than 10 but they are works of art, and a few early uniform buckles...
Some of you all know of my baseball making from gloves, I dont use a collectible glove, mostly imports or a glove totally inked up or a store model for a child...I have refused cutting up a glove for a dollar if it is still collectible. with that said, We have been invited back to GABP and will be catching 4 games as a guest of my beloved Reds. (Hope they figure out how to win when we get up there, they are struggling right now) Some may know but my work was accepted into the Reds HOF (Made a Great 8 tribute baseball from the inner linings of a glove) and can you believe this? I contacted the Clemente foundation, and will be making a baseball from an imported Clemente glove that will be auctioned off in a silent auction the night of the Clemente Award Announcement this september. all donated to the Clemente foundation. My future goal? to have my work accepted into Cooperstown....
Thanks guys for all of the great posts, sure would like to post some pics, but not really computer savy, can I send some to some one and they post them on here? especially my RR, it is worth the look. Take care guys, and happy Glovin!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: love the page!!

Postby green rhino » May 23rd, 2024, 2:34 pm

theglovester is back
green rhino
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » May 23rd, 2024, 9:34 pm

I'll post your photo's if you send them to me Don. Email me at gsgleiss@yahoo.com.
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » May 24th, 2024, 11:31 pm

sending pics now, Thanks!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » May 25th, 2024, 1:24 pm

Here are the photo's from theglovester. That's a really good looking RR.

okdoak

Postby okdoak » May 25th, 2024, 1:27 pm

okdoak

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion